2 nests of cellophane (beanthread) noodles (available from Asian grocers)
50g minced beef
handful of uncooked prawns
two cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp. fish sauce
2 red birds eye chillies, finely sliced
3 spring onions, sliced diagonally
handful of coriander, leaves picked
around four cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tsp sugar
1. Mix the juice of the lime(s) in a bowl with the fish sauce, sugar, garlic and chilli.
2. Add the uncooked prawns to the bowl and leave to “cook” in the juice.
3. Soften the noodles according to the pack instructions.
4. Pan fry the beef with a little vegetable oil and salt.
5. Check that the prawns appear “cooked”.
6. Toss everything together in a large bowl and serve.